The When-i-get-around-to-it-Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

F the Lakers

I hate the Lakers----I saw a newscast on TV today and I thought it was more "celebrating fans" but it was footage from Iran!!! California is completely falling apart and broken and these asshole fans are rioting in the streets, looting, vandalizing...unbelievable. Then a 4 million dollar parade? Kobe the rapist makes 45 million bucks a year? Argh....I wrote the editor of our local paper because of how much coverage they gave these "heros"...but barely anything when Obama was elected:

NEWSpaper? Please help me explain to my children how the Lakers win is more newsworthy than the Election of the first Black President of the United States?

Obviously the Press Enterprise knows the answer as 27 pages of your newspaper were devoted to the Lakers the week of their win, while only 5 pages were devoted to the coverage of President Obama the week of his election.

History Lesson?


I have yet to hear from the editor :)

1 comment:

  1. argh

    I so hate the Lakers and Laker fans with a passion. In fact, I detest LA sports fans in general. Everybody was TOO COOL to support the Rams so they left, and rightly so but suddenly we are a city of Raiders fans? WTF? Because of "implied GANG affiliations.

    The other day I saw a group of "fans" going off to the 4 million dollar parade stepping over homeless people sleeping on the street. $4m would do a lot for our city better spent.

    Don't even get me started on Kobe. Mike Tyson might be stupid enough to not have understood what he was doing but Kobe is the perfect exemplar of entitlement mentality gone too far.

    The ONLY way you could catch me watching a Lakers game is if it were in Chicago at the United Center but, to be perfectly honest, I really don't care all that much for basketball. Gimme football!!! I can't watch a sport with that many games.

    ReplyDelete